måndag 17 augusti 2026

Perseid meteor shower 2026 from Sweden

Photographing Perseid meteors. The radiant of the meteor shower appears to come from the constellation Perseus in the sky. And it stands high in the sky from midnight when the peak of the shower is supposed to occur. My colleague and I went out to the east coast with as little light pollution as possible and this year without any moon to interfere so the conditions were nice. It was not astronomically dark but good enough to see even faint meteors and the Milky Way was clearly visible to the south. I chose to photograph mostly to the east and south and got a couple of nice pictures with the Milky Way. I set the camera to rolling exposures, but then you have to hope that some bright meteor comes along. I also photographed with a macro/wide angle lens and got most of the meteors. In some cases I used UV light so that some objects fluoresced in different beautiful colors. Very dry on the rock outcrops and previous water puddles had dried out of masses and algae etc. dried on the edge which fluoresced masses in UV, mostly in blue.

There were several nice pictures, one that was published as NASA's picture of the day, and a nice night on the coast.








 

Inga kommentarer: